The first step of the audition process is for you, the applicant, to upload a prescreening video by the December 1st application deadline. Piano accompaniment is required. The prescreening recording must contain the following repertoire:
- Bach: Sarabande from Suite No. 5 for Solo Cello, arr. By Hoss (p. 33); no repeats
- Mozart: Concerto #4, first movement, exposition only
- Schumann: Adagio (All) and Allegro - up to letter D, or to the 18th bar
- Strauss: Ein Heldenleben, opening
- Strauss: Til Eulenspiegel, opening
- Wagner: Siegfried's Rhine Journey, short call
If you are invited to audition, the live audition repertoire is the same as above. Memorization of the concerto is encouraged, but NOT required. Piano accompaniment is required. A list of pianists will be provided if you are invited.
Admissions Quick Links
The application and prescreening materials were due December 1, 2013. We are no longer accepting applications, except for trumpet, which has an application deadline of February 1, 2014. If you are a trumpet student and wish to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a link to our online application.
Admission and Audition Information
Information for International Students - Note change to MM TOEFL requirement.
Audition Day Overview
We welcome visits from prospective students. Tours of the Colburn campus are available by appointment Monday through Friday, between the hours of 11:00am and 3:00pm. To schedule a tour, please email email@example.com or call us at 213.621.4534.