The first step of the audition process is for you, the applicant, to upload a prescreening video by the December 1st application deadline. Piano accompaniment is required. The prescreening recording must contain the following repertoire:
- Bach: Sarabande from Suite No. 5 for Solo Cello, arr. By Hoss (p. 33); no repeats
- Mozart: Concerto #4, first movement, exposition only
- Schumann: Adagio (All) and Allegro - up to letter D, or to the 18th bar
- Strauss: Ein Heldenleben, opening
- Strauss: Til Eulenspiegel, opening
- Wagner: Siegfried's Rhine Journey, short call
If you are invited to audition, the live audition repertoire is the same as above. Memorization of the concerto is encouraged, but NOT required. Piano accompaniment is required. A list of pianists will be provided if you are invited.
Admissions Quick Links
The application and prescreening materials were due December 1, 2013. We are no longer accepting applications.
Applications to the Graduate String Quartet-in-Residence program are due January 1, 2014.
Questions regarding auditions may be sent to email@example.com or by calling 213.621.4534.
Admission and Audition Information
Information for International Students - Note change to MM TOEFL requirement.
Audition Day Overview
We welcome visits from prospective students. Tours of the Colburn campus are available by appointment Monday through Friday, between the hours of 11:00am and 3:00pm. To schedule a tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 213.621.4534.