The first step of the audition process is for you, the applicant, to upload a prescreening video by the December 1st application deadline. Piano accompaniment is required. The prescreening recording must contain the following repertoire:
- Bach: Sarabande from Suite No. 5 for Solo Cello, arr. By Hoss (p. 33); no repeats
- Mozart: Concerto #4, first movement, exposition only
- Schumann: Adagio (All) and Allegro - up to letter D, or to the 18th bar
- Strauss: Ein Heldenleben, opening
- Strauss: Til Eulenspiegel, opening
- Wagner: Siegfried's Rhine Journey, short call
If you are invited to audition, the live audition repertoire is the same as above. Memorization of the concerto is encouraged, but NOT required. Piano accompaniment is required. A list of pianists will be provided if you are invited.
Admissions Quick Links
Fall 2015 Studio Openings
Application Supplemental Materials
Application and Prescreening Audition Links
The application and prescreening deadline is December 1, 2014.
We welcome visits from prospective students. Tours of the Colburn campus are available by appointment Monday through Friday, between the hours of 11:00am and 3:00pm. To schedule a tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 213.621.4534. If you have questions about applying, please contact us as noted here.
Prospective Conservatory students interested in applying during the 2014-15 academic year (for entrance in Fall 2015) should review this website for complete information. Our Application Handbook also has information that will help you during the application and audition process.