The first step of the audition process is for you, the applicant, to upload a prescreening video by the December 1st application deadline. Piano accompaniment is required. The prescreening recording must contain the following repertoire:
- Bach: Sarabande from Suite No. 5 for Solo Cello, arr. By Hoss (p. 33); no repeats
- Mozart: Concerto #4, first movement, exposition only
- Schumann: Adagio (All) and Allegro - up to letter D, or to the 18th bar
- Strauss: Ein Heldenleben, opening
- Strauss: Til Eulenspiegel, opening
- Wagner: Siegfried's Rhine Journey, short call
Live Audition Repertoire
If you are invited to audition, the live audition repertoire is the same as above. Memorization of the concerto is encouraged, but NOT required. Piano accompaniment is required. A list of pianists will be provided if you are invited.
Admissions Quick Links
The application for fall 2016 is now available. The application deadline is December 1, 2015.
Application and Prescreening Upload
We welcome visits from prospective students. Tours of the Colburn School campus are available by appointment Monday through Friday. To schedule a tour, please email email@example.com or call us at 213-621-4534. If you have questions about applying, please contact us as noted here.