Join the Dance Council
The Dance Council fosters awareness and enthusiasm for the Trudl Zipper Dance Institute and provides important financial resources for Colburn’s young dancers. Through educational and social events, and backstage access to Colburn Dance, you will enjoy a deeper understanding of TZDI with other enthusiasts who share your love of this performing art. In addition, you help us provide the optimum dance education experience—in studio and on stage—plus the essential resources required for dancers to excel.
In appreciation for your gift of $250 or more to the Trudl Zipper Dance Institute (TDZI), we welcome you to enjoy:
- Annual Member Kickoff, hosted by the Dance Council: Students from all disciplines present excerpts of choreography in a brief showcase, followed by a reception with the dancers; Dance Council members enjoy a private reception with the deans preceding the performance
- Mother’s Day Tea: Celebrate Colburn moms and families with a casual afternoon tea reception just prior to the Spring Ballet concert
- Recognition in Trudl Zipper Dance Institute program books
- Master class experiences: exclusive access to private master classes on campus with distinguished guest dancers
- Concierge ticket service: liaise with advancement staff for personalized ticket support across all Colburn School programming (Please contact us at 213-621-1021 for assistance in reserving your performance tickets)
- Counterpointe Concert Reception: a private reception with the Dance and Music Academy student artists following their performance
- Winter Snapshot: in-studio highlights from the Dance Academy students’ fall semester
- Expert for a day: join TZDI Associate Dean James Fayette for a professional dance performance in Los Angeles and enjoy a lively pre- or post-performance meal to explore his expert perspective and behind-the-scenes take (date to be determined in the winter)
- Dance Council Salons: enjoy intimate in-home conversations and receptions with Trudl Zipper Dance Institute leadership, guest artists, and featured visitors, hosted by distinguished philanthropists of dance in Los Angeles
All benefits are cumulative, and all invitations are for two people. For information on the Dance Council, please contact Laurie A. Selik, Institutional Giving Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-621-1016.