Music Academy Student Accomplishments
Music Academy Class of 2017 College Decisions:
- Jenny Bahk, cello – The Juilliard School
- Aileen Chung, violin – New England Conservatory
- Yan Francis Fang, piano – New England Conservatory
- Kelly Hur, piano – Peabody Conservatory of the Johns Hopkins University
- Nathan Le, cello – dual degree program at Harvard College and New England Conservatory
- Ju Eun Lee, violin – Cleveland Institute of Music
- Cheng Allen Liang, cello – Eastman School of Music
- Nicholas Mendez, piano –University of Southern California
- Cara Pogossian, viola – Curtis Institute of Music
- Fiona Shea, violin – Colburn Conservatory
- Eunji Sarah Shim, viola – New England Conservatory
- William Suh, cello – New England Conservatory
- Lauren Yoon, piano – Peabody Conservatory of the Johns Hopkins University
- Victoria Young, piano – Peabody Conservatory of the Johns Hopkins University for composition
- Violinist Aileen Chung (’17) was a Spotlight Grand Prize Finalist and performed at Walt Disney Concert Hall in May. Aileen was also named Orange County Register Artist of the Year.
- Cellist William Suh (’17) and violinist Sena Cho (’20) were featured on From the Top.
- Pianist and violinist Ray (’18) won first prize at the Hilton Head International Piano Competition, which consisted of a $10,000 cash prize plus a performance with the Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra in their 2017-18 season. Ray also played in a concert curated by Jean-Yves Thibaudet that was broadcast live on France Musique.
- Violinist Qiaorong Ma (’18) won grand prize in the 2017 Hennings-Fischer Young Artists Competition and will perform with the Burbank Philharmonic Orchestra in 2017-18.
- Clarinetist Hector Noriega (’18) is touring with the YOA Orchestra of the Americas this summer.
- Pianist Tyler Kim (’21) won the 2017 Blount-Slawson Young Artist Competition and joined the
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra as a featured soloist this past May.
- Cellist Nathan Le (’17), flutist Ann Kuo (’20), and pianist Tyler Kim (’21) were all finalists at the 2017 Mondavi Center Young Artists Competition. Nathan also made to the semifinal of the Stullberg International Strings Competition.