Frequently Asked Questions About Renting Our Halls

Would you like to hold your performance, special event, lecture, meeting, master class, or workshop at the Colburn School? We welcome all inquiries. While each facility has its own unique characteristics, from size to acoustical features, we have a few common policies for renting our halls. Here are some of the most FAQs about reserving a space on campus.

Do you provide parking for my event?
Parking at the Colburn School is not available for events. We can provide you with information about available parking close by.

Does the Colburn School provide tickets for my event?
We do not provide tickets for non-school events. However, when reserving Zipper Hall, you may use our box office space, which is included in the rental package. We do not provide staffing or ticketing services.

Can I hold a reception in the performance hall lobby?
No. Due to strict local fire codes, receptions are not permitted in performance hall lobby areas. However other spaces, such as our gorgeous South Plaza outdoor area, are available for receptions.

Will the Colburn School advertise my event?
We’d be happy to post public events on our online Calendar of Events, at our discretion.

Can I provide my own food for the reception?
We require all receptions on the Colburn School campus to be catered by our Colburn Café. The Café manager will be happy to discuss menus with you.

Will I need ushers for my event?
We provide two ushers with each hall rental package. If your event anticipates more than 250 guests or you plan to assign seating, we suggest adding additional ushers. If you don’t have volunteers to serve, we can provide personnel at an additional cost.

Will my concert be recorded?
Let us know if you would like us to arrange for a sound engineer to record a concert. Please refer to the hall rate schedule for costs.

Do you offer special rates for nonprofit organizations?
Yes; we’re happy to extend a discounted rate to nonprofit organizations.

May I videotape my concert?
Yes. Our stage manager will advise you on proper camera postings that meet all fire code specifications.